Title: 9th International Business in Japan Workshop
Dates: April 23, 2018 ~ April 27, 2018
Venue: The Japan Research Centre at Maikoya
The Japan Association of Teachers and Researchers in Asia proudly presents the international workshop on Business in Japan workshop geared towards scholars and practitioners. The Business in Japan workshop conducted by the Japan Association of Teachers and Researchers in Asia is a great opportunity for scholars and practitioners alike to gain great insights into the Japanese marketplace in the cross-cultural environment of Japan. This international workshop is conducted to help the participants to understand demographics, values, consumer behavior, work culture, and market characteristics of Japan. Participants will not only improve their skills in an academic setting but also have a chance to observe the local working environment on a field trip.
After participating this workshop you will be able to
- Discover cross-cultural differences in business practices in Japan and other countries
- Understand the values, beliefs and characteristics of Japanese consumers
- Understand the Japanese marketplace and the legal procedures of exporting to and importing from Japan
- Gain hands on applied local marketing skills by working on a marketing plan that involves a Japanese company
- To become familiar with basic market research in Japan
Demographics of Japan
Japanese Economic History
The Japanese Market
Japan in the 21st Century
Japan and The International Trade
Business Communications in Japan
Media & Social Media in Japan
Japanese Consumer Behavior
Business Communications in Japan
Distribution in Japan
Japan market Entry
Japanese management strategies
Field trip to a Japanese company
Your instructor will be selected from the pool of instructors who are members of ATERA. The instructors have a PhD, international background, and at least 10 years of teaching experience.
QUALIFICATION FOR THE WORKSHOP
Both academicians and practitioners can apply to the program. The applicants must have at least a masters degree or be currently enrolled in a post-graduate program.
Those who are interested should send an inquiry via email at least 1 month before the program date.
Step 1: Apply via email
title: Workshop inquiry
Content: Personal information, current affiliation, highest level of education, recent CV, workshop title and dates you are interested
Step 2: Pay the participation fee
We will get back to you regarding your application promptly and we wil send you an acceptance letter. We will also send you a secure link to pay the participation fee.
Participation fee: $400
Step 3: Participate in the workshop
After successfully completing the workshop, you will be given a certificate by ATERA that certifies you fulfilled all the requirements of the workshop and gained the skills necessary for the area of study.
Workshops are usually held in the Japan Conference Centre of Maikoya Osaka. Maikoya Osaka is conveniently located in Shinsaibashi Osaka only 40-minute ride from the Kansai International Airport.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU APPLY
- We do not sponsor any participant. Our acceptance letter cannot be used to obtain a visa to Japan.
- You can get more information about ATERA organization here
- Please bring your own lap top, we may not be able to provide you with a computer.
- Please make your hotel accommodation as early as possible. Hotels in Japan get to be fully booked often especially during the peak season.
- The participation fee does not cover your meals.
- If you have any questions please drop us a message at email@example.com.